Megan Ferris’s civil litigation practice includes construction defense, insurance defense, and commercial litigation in Oregon and Washington. Megan is involved in construction defect, personal injury, employer liability, premises liability, and product liability, handling both third-party and first-party disputes for insurer clients.
Inside and outside of the courtroom, Megan strives to establish immediate credibility and trust. She is dedicated to serving as an advocate who delivers the requisite skill and creativity to bring new ideas to light when identifying and managing risk.
Highly regarded by clients and peers alike, Megan has been included in The Best Lawyers in America©, a respected guide to the nation’s most outstanding attorneys, since 2018. In addition, Best Lawyers selected Megan as the 2023 “Lawyer of the Year” for construction litigation in the Portland, Oregon area. Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year,” making this accolade particularly significant. Megan has earned a spot on Super Lawyers’ annual roster of the top attorneys in Oregon every year since 2020. In 2009, 2011, 2013, and 2019, she was named to Super Lawyers’ “Rising Stars” list, an honor limited to just 2.5% of the attorneys in the state.
Megan joined MacMillan, Scholz & Marks as an Associate in 2006, and has been a Shareholder since 2014.
- Lewis & Clark Law School, J.D., 2006
- University of Oregon, Clark Honors College, 2002
- Member, Oregon State Bar Association
- United States District Court, District of Oregon
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, Multnomah County Bar Association
- Member, Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America
- Member, Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- “At What Cost? Navigating the Costly, Tricky Trends in Smaller Construction-Defect Disputes” CLM Construction Claims magazine (Winter 2018)
- “Attorney Fee Tort Claim Trap” CLM Construction Claims Magazine (Fall 2017)
Join MacMillan, Scholz & Marks shareholder Megan Ferris at The Seminar Group’s Northwest Insurance Law conference, to be held October 29 - 30, 2020. Megan will co-present “Construction Defect Claims” with Tristan Swanson of Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP. She...
What is one trend to watch closely in the construction industry? The Claims & Litigation Management Alliance recently posed this question to five construction litigators across the country, including MacMillan, Scholz & Marks shareholder Megan Ferris. The...
MacMillan, Scholz & Marks is pleased to announce that Megan Ferris was selected to Oregon Super Lawyers magazine’s 2020 list of the top attorneys in Oregon. She was recognized for her excellence in the area of construction litigation. This is the fifth time that...