Megan Ferris joined MacMillan, Scholz & Marks as an Associate Attorney in 2006, and has been a Shareholder since 2014. Megan focuses her civil litigation practice in construction defense, insurance defense, and commercial litigation in Oregon and Washington. She often represents clients in matters involving construction defect, personal injury, employer liability, premises liability, and product liability, handling both third-party and first-party disputes for her insurer clients.
In 2009, 2011, 2013, and 2019, Megan was named to the “Rising Stars” list in Oregon Super Lawyers magazine, an honor limited to only 2.5% of the attorneys in the state. The Oregon State Bar Litigation Section recognized her as a Rising Litigator in 2014. The Best Lawyers in America, a respected guide to the nation’s most outstanding attorneys, lists Megan in the category of construction litigation.
- Lewis & Clark Law School, J.D., 2006
- University of Oregon, Clark Honors College, 2002
- Member, Oregon State Bar Association
- United States District Court, District of Oregon
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, Multnomah County Bar Association
- Member, Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America
- “At What Cost? Navigating the Costly, Tricky Trends in Smaller Construction-Defect Disputes” CLM Construction Claims magazine (Winter 2018)
- “Attorney Fee Tort Claim Trap” CLM Construction Claims Magazine (Fall 2017)