Megan’s civil litigation practice includes construction defense, insurance defense, and commercial litigation in Oregon and Washington. Megan is involved in construction defect, personal injury, employer liability, premises liability, and product liability, handling both third-party and first-party disputes for insurer clients.
Megan provides persuasive and clear arguments grounded in sound legal theory and meticulous preparation. Megan’s personal stake in serving clients is manifest in realistic, big-picture analysis and perspective, as well as a streamlined road map to realizing both an optimal and cost-effective remedy.
Inside and outside of the courtroom, Megan strives to establish immediate credibility and trust. She is dedicated to serving as advocate who delivers the requisite skill and creativity to bring new ideas to light when identifying and managing risk.
In 2009, 2011, 2013, and 2019, Megan was named to the “Rising Stars” list in Oregon Super Lawyers magazine, an honor limited to only 2.5% of the attorneys in the state. Megan was also recognized as a “Super Lawyer” in 2020 and 2021, and among The Best Lawyers in America, a respected guide to the nation’s most outstanding attorneys, in construction litigation for 2020, 2021, and 2022.
Megan joined the firm as an Associate in 2006, and has been a Shareholder since 2014.
- Lewis & Clark Law School, J.D., 2006Lewis & Clark Law School, J.D., 2006
- University of Oregon, Clark Honors College, 2002
- Member, Oregon State Bar Association
- United States District Court, District of Oregon
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, Multnomah County Bar Association
- Member, Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America
- Member, Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- “At What Cost? Navigating the Costly, Tricky Trends in Smaller Construction-Defect Disputes” CLM Construction Claims magazine (Winter 2018)
- “Attorney Fee Tort Claim Trap” CLM Construction Claims Magazine (Fall 2017)
Join MacMillan, Scholz & Marks shareholder Megan Ferris at The Seminar Group’s Northwest Insurance Law conference, to be held October 29 - 30, 2020. Megan will co-present “Construction Defect Claims” with Tristan Swanson of Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP. She...
What is one trend to watch closely in the construction industry? The Claims & Litigation Management Alliance recently posed this question to five construction litigators across the country, including MacMillan, Scholz & Marks shareholder Megan Ferris. The...
MacMillan, Scholz & Marks is pleased to announce that Megan Ferris was selected to Oregon Super Lawyers magazine’s 2020 list of the top attorneys in Oregon. She was recognized for her excellence in the area of construction litigation. This is the fifth time that...