Ashley Shearer joined MacMillan, Scholz & Marks as an Associate Attorney in 2019. Her practice focuses on construction litigation and general tort liability.
Recognized as an outstanding attorney for civil litigation defense, Ashley earned a spot on Super Lawyers’ 2023 Oregon Rising Stars list, an honor limited to no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state.
Before joining MacMillan, Scholz, & Marks, Ashley worked for a midsized firm in Portland specializing in civil defense and has also previously worked in plaintiff personal injury litigation.
An Athens, Georgia native, Ashley earned her B.A. in history at the University of Georgia before moving to Oregon to attend law school at Willamette University College of Law.
During law school, Ashley served as an Executive Editor on the Willamette Journal of International Law and Dispute Resolution and was a published contributor to Recent Developments in Dispute Resolution, an online publication produced by the law school’s Center for Dispute Resolution.
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D., 2014
- University of Georgia, B.A., 2010
- Member, Oregon State Bar Association
- Member, Multnomah County Bar Association
- United States District Court, District of Oregon
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America
U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® recently revealed their 2021 “Best Law Firms” rankings. We’re pleased to share that MacMillan, Scholz & Marks earned a Tier 2 designation in the Portland, Oregon area for both construction litigation and commercial...
Five of our shareholders are named to the Best Lawyers in America, list.