Sheridan Rueter obtained her bachelor’s degree from Skidmore College and her law degree from the University of Washington. She joined MacMillan, Scholz & Marks as an associate in 2019. Her practice focuses on civil litigation in Oregon, with a particular emphasis on bodily injury and property damage defense and insurance coverage disputes. Before joining MacMillan, Scholz & Marks, Sheridan practiced immigration law with non-profits in Portland. Sheridan is a Portland native and prior to law school she served as a Peace Corps volunteer in Peru from 2009 to 2011.
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington. Graduated 2015, cum laude.
- Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, New York. Graduated 2009, cum laude.
- Member, Oregon State Bar Association
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, Multnomah County Bar Association
In State of Oregon v. Jorge Gutierrez-Medina, 365 Or 79 (2019), the Oregon Supreme Court of Oregon held that the trial court correctly refused to reduce the amount of restitution owed by defendant based on the victim’s comparative fault. In that case, the defendant in...